When you buy an iPhone XR from a store, it probably has a network lock so you can’t use it with any other network. This is the way carriers make sure they keep customers tied to their services for a while. However, you can avoid this by unlocking your cell phone.
The process of unlocking your phone is easier and faster than you think. Best of all, you won’t have to leave your phone anywhere, as it is a secure online procedure.
How to unlock your iPhone XR
If you have decided to unlock your iPhone XR to change the carrier to minimize the cost of international calls, the procedure is simple. Follow these steps to start the unlocking process:
- Select your carrier. You must provide country and carrier name information.
- Select your currency. Pick the plan that suits you best.
- Fill out the form. Enter your iPhone XR IMEI number and your contact information, such as first and last name, email, and phone number.
- Make your payment. You can pay by Visa or MasterCard, through Paypal or Bitcoin.
- Wait for the notification. We’ll send you an email when Apple’s authorizes to unlock your iPhone XR.
Steps to unlock your iPhone XR
Once you have been notified, you will need to complete the process from your device. To do this, insert a SIM card from a different carrier on your phone, and connect it to the Internet via WiFi. It will connect to Apple’s servers, and the unlocking process will be automatic.
Frequently asked questions about unlocking your iPhone
Why are there different prices?
When you select the plan to unlock your iPhone XR, you will find several pricing options. There are different alternatives in case one of them doesn’t work. If you select one and the phone doesn’t get unlocked, you get a refund.
Do I need any technical knowledge for the unlocking?
No. Since the unlocking is an online process, you only need to insert a SIM card from a different carrier. Then, connect your device to the WiFi network, and let the system unlock your iPhone automatically.