When we talk about unlocking by IMEI, we are referring to unlocking a phone using this information. In case you don’t know, the IMEI (International Mobile System Equipment Identity) is a 15 to 17 digit code that comes pre-recorded on cell phones and works as the phone’s identity, so it uniquely distinguishes it.
If you have a smartphone with a network lock, i.e. it is only possible to use it with a specific telephone operator, you can opt for unlocking by IMEI. It is called this way because for the unlocking process, you must know this code and give it to the person who will perform the procedure.
How to get the phone’s IMEI?
Since this code is essential for the network unlocking of your device, it is important that you know how to get it.
Here are some of the ways to get it:
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your phone. In the device’s settings, you will find the ‘About phone’ option. There you will be able to see the IMEI.
- Dial the code *#06# on your phone’s keypad. When you do this, the code will automatically appear on the screen.
- Look under the battery. It usually looks like it is printed on a sticker.
- Check the box of the device. If you still have it, you will see the IMEI on the label on it.
Steps to unlock my phone by IMEI
Through specialized phone unlocking services, you can unlock your phone by IMEI. This is the procedure to follow with Movical:
- Indicate the model of your phone.
- Enter the details of the operator of origin.
You have to indicate the country where you use your phone and the name of the operator. For example: Movistar, Telcel, AT&T, etc. You must also choose the currency in which you will pay to select the plan to unlock the phone by IMEI.
- Complete the form
You must provide the information requested. Among them, your first and last name, email address and WhatsApp number. You must also write the IMEI of your smartphone. It is important that there is no error in the data, especially in the code.
- Select the payment method
Choose your payment method: PayPal, credit card or Crypto. Proceed to do so and submit the form. Within the time indicated in the plan, you will receive the unlock code.
How to make the network unlocking effective?
Thanks to the previous process, you will get a code delivered to your cell phone and email. Once you have it, you must enter it in your phone. To do this, you have to follow these instructions.
- Turn off your device.
- Insert a SIM card from another operator (different from the original one).
- Turn on the cell phone. You will see a message saying that the network is blocked.
- Enter the code you received.
- Done! Your phone is now unlocked and you can use it with any phone company in the world.
What you should know about unlocking a cell phone by IMEI
As you can see, this is a simple process to unlock your smartphone and it is easier than you think. However, it is common for users to have doubts about this procedure. Therefore, we want to clarify some points about it.
- It is a completely legal process. So do not be afraid to do it; you will not be incurring in any violation.
- It does not affect the phone’s warranty. It is the telephone operators who place these restrictions on the equipment. Therefore, the manufacturer’s warranty is not affected by removing the network lock.
- Blacklisted phones cannot be unlocked. When a device is reported as stolen or lost, it enters this list. To do so, it is necessary to remove it from this list.
- It does not affect the phone’s files. Unlocking does not interfere in any way with the information contained on the device. So you can be assured that your files are protected.
At Movical, unlocking your phone by IMEI is quick and easy. You can do it with any make and model. So if you want to remove network restrictions from your phone, contact us!